In this English lesson I'm going to help you learn some questions you should never ask in an English conversation.
在这节英语课上,我将帮助你学习一些在英语对话中永远不应该问的问题。
Maybe never is a strong word.
也许永远不是一个强词夺理。
I'll help you learn some questions that are okay to ask in certain situations,but definitely not in other situations.
我将帮助您了解一些在某些情况下可以提出但在其他情况下绝对不能提出的问题。
So it&39;s also a bit of a cultural lesson.
所以这是一节英语课,但也是一节文化课。
It&39;s okay to ask certain questions in English.
这是一个小教训,让你知道,在什么情况下可以用英语问某些问题。
The first question you should never ask,and this one you probably should never ask is the question: Have you gained weight?
第一个问题你永远不应该问,这个你可能永远不应该问的问题是:你体重增加了吗?
As we go through life,we sometimes eat too much and sometimes we put on a few pounds.
在我们的一生中,我们有时吃得太多, 有时又长了几磅。
Sometimes we put on weight.
有时我们会发胖。
And it's a very personal thing.
这是一件非常私人的事情。
When you say to someone,Have you gained weight?
当你对某人说,你体重增加了吗?
You're rudely commenting on their weight.
你在粗鲁地评论他们的体重。
This is not something we do in Canada or in most of North America.
这不是我们在加拿大或北美大部分地区所做的事情。
It's just not a common or polite thing to do.
这不是一件常见或礼貌的事情。
So the first question you should never ask,and there's no real situation where I think it is okay to ask is the question: Have you gained weight?
所以你永远不应该问的第一个问题是:你体重增加了吗?
我认为唯一可能没问题的情况是,如果一个姐妹正在和另一个姐妹或类似的东西交谈,两个人的关系非常亲密和开放, 那可能是唯一一次没问题。
But generally 99% of the time it's not okay to ask the question,Have you gained weight?
但一般来说,99% 的时候问这个问题是不好的,你体重增加了吗?
The second question you should never ask in an English conversation: How much money do you? make or How much do you get paid?
在英语对话中你永远不应该问的第二个问题:你多少钱?你赚多少钱?
It might surprise you to know this: I have two brothers and two sisters.
我不确定 翻译成英语是:1. I'm not sure. 2. I can't be sure.
您可能会惊讶地发现:我有两个兄弟和两个姐妹。
I have no idea how much money they make at work.
我不知道他们在工作中赚了多少钱。
We do not ask each other that question.
我们不会互相问这个问题。
We don't say,How much do you make at work?
我们不会说,你工作挣多少钱?
How much money do you make at work?
你在工作中赚多少钱?
We just don't ask it.
我们只是不问。
It's considered impolite and rude.
它被认为是不礼貌和粗鲁的。
I can guess.
I'm not sure ~如果你认可我的回答,请及时点击【采纳为满意回答】按钮~~手机提问的朋友在客户端右上角评价点【满意】即可。~你的采纳是我前进的动力~~O(∩_∩)O,互相帮助,祝共同进步!
我能猜到。
I can get a good idea.
我能想到一个好主意。
如果我的兄弟想知道我作为老师做了什么,他可以找到该信息并可能猜测并且他的猜测非常接近准确。
But generally we do not ask that question.
但通常我们不会问这个问题。
We do not ask people how much they make or how much money they get paid at work.
我们不会问人们他们赚了多少钱或他们在工作中得到了多少钱。
It's just a little bit rude.
这只是有点粗鲁。
The third question we do not ask is the question: Are you pregnant or Are you expecting?
我们不问的第三个问题是:您怀孕了吗?
We don't ask this question for a couple of reasons.
我们不问这个问题有几个原因。
The first reason is this,if you ask someone,Are you pregnant?
第一个原因是,如果你问别人,你怀孕了吗?
and they&39;re actually commenting on other aspects of their body.
I am not too sure 很高兴为你解答!老师祝你学习进步!请及时采纳哦!多谢你的问题!^_^
他们没有怀孕,你实际上是在评论他们身体的其他方面。
You're commenting on how they look.
你在评论他们的样子。
因为他们没有预料到,你实际上是在评论他们的体型或体重,这是非常非常不礼貌的。
The second reason we do not ask is because when people are expecting,it's their news to share.
我们不问的第二个原因是因为当人们期待时,这是他们要分享的消息。
If they want you to know that they are expecting a baby,they will tell you.
如果他们想让您知道他们怀孕了,他们会告诉您。
So a couple of reasons why you shouldn't ask this.
所以你不应该问这个的几个原因。
The first is if you&39;s really,really rude.
首先是如果你错了,那真的非常粗鲁。
The second is it's best to just wait until people share that news with you.
第二,最好等到人们与您分享该消息。
The fourth question we don't usually ask is the question: How old are you?
我们通常不问的第四个问题是:你多大了?
Now,we do ask this question sometimes.
现在,我们有时确实会问这个问题。
I&39;s okay to ask this question.
我会给你几个例子来说明什么时候可以问这个问题。
If you go to a birthday party for a nephew or niece,you might say to them,How old are you?,and that's totally fine.
如果你去参加侄子或侄女的生日聚会,你可能会对他们说, 你多大了? ,这完全没问题。
They&39;m four or I'm seven.
他们会说,哦,我四岁或者我七岁。
They'll be very happy to tell you how old they are.
他们会很高兴地告诉您他们的年龄。
When you work with people for a long time,or when you&39;ve known for a long time,you could ask them: How old are you?
当你和人一起工作了很长时间, 或者当你和认识很久的朋友聊天时,你可以问他们:你多大了?
And that would be an okay question because you have a relationship.
这将是一个好问题,因为你有一段关系。
But if you&39;ve just started working with or someone that you don&39;re prying would be another word.
但是如果你和一个陌生人或者你刚开始工作的人或者你不太了解的人说话,那会被认为不是粗鲁而是多管闲事,或者你可能会被认为有点像你'重新撬动是另一个词。
When you pry you&39;s kind of private,so you can ask this question in some situations,but normally with a stranger or someone you don&39;s just a little bit rude.
Let's say that.
这么说吧。
It's a little bit rude to ask such a direct question.
问这么直接的问题有点失礼。
The fifth question that might be a little bit rude to ask is the question: How much did that cost? or How much did you pay for that?
第五个可能有点粗鲁的问题是:这花了多少钱?或者你为此付了多少钱?
This is a question,though,that we do sometimes ask.
不过,这是一个我们有时会问的问题。
When I&39;m talking to someone who I've known for a long time,I might ask him how much he paid for something.
例如,当我和我的兄弟谈话时,当我和我认识很久的人谈话时,我可能会问他花了多少钱买某样东西。
That would be okay,especially if it's a small thing.
那没关系,特别是如果它是一件小事。
But usually when someone buys something bigger,we don't normally ask how much they paid for it.
但通常当有人买更大的东西时,我们通常不会问他们花了多少钱。
Even when my sister bought a brand new car,I didn't immediately say,How much did you pay for it?
甚至姐姐买了新车,我也没有马上说, 你花了多少钱?
In fact,I never actually asked that question at all.
事实上,我从来没有真正问过这个问题。
I just said,Wow,that's really nice.
我只是说,哇,那真是太好了。
Why did you choose the color white?
你为什么选择白色?
Why did you choose that type of vehicle?
你为什么选择那种类型的车辆?
We don't usually talk about big expenditures or ask questions about them to find out the actual amount of money that someone spent.
我们通常不会谈论大笔支出或询问有关它们的问题以了解某人实际花费的金额。
So the fifth question that I guess it's maybe just a little bit rude you can ask this sometimes is the question: How much did that cost? or How much did you pay for that?
因此,我猜您有时可能会问的第五个问题可能有点粗鲁:这花了多少钱?或者你为此付了多少钱?
The sixth question that we don&39;t you married yet?
第六个我们不问的问题是:你为什么还不结婚?
Or there's other questions like this too,right?
或者还有其他类似的问题,对吗?
Like,Why aren't you dating someone?
比如,你为什么不和别人约会?
When are you going to have kids?
你什么时候要孩子?
All of the questions about relationships and marriage and starting a family are considered very,very private.
所有关于人际关系、婚姻和组建家庭的问题都被认为是非常、非常私密的。
I wouldn&39;t you married yet?
我不会问我认识的单身人士,你什么时候结婚或者你为什么还不结婚?
Or when you get married when are you going to have kids?
或者什么时候结婚,什么时候生孩子?
Those questions just aren't very polite.
这些问题只是不太礼貌。
It&39;m asking for information when it's really none of my business.
这就像我在询问信息,而这真的不关我的事。
Do you know that English phrase?
你知道那个英文短语吗?
But here's what I will say,when people,you know,are planning to get married or planning to have a kid,they will tell you.
但我要说的是,当人们计划结婚或计划生孩子时, 他们会告诉你。
Again,it will be their news to share with you.
同样,与您分享的将是他们的新闻。
So it&39;re patient and you have a good relationship with the person,eventually they will tell you about certain little private things about their life because they like you and they trust you.
所以问这些问题被认为是不礼貌和粗鲁的,但如果你有耐心并且与这个人有良好的关系,最终他们会告诉你他们生活中的一些小私事,因为他们喜欢你并且信任你。
The seventh question we don't ask is the question Who are you going to vote for? or Who did you vote for?
我们不问的第七个问题是你要投票给谁?或者你投票给了谁?
Any questions related to elections.
有关选举的任何问题。
For some reason,we do consider this private information.
出于某种原因,我们确实考虑了这些私人信息。
I don&39;m going to vote for in the next election.
我什至不和我的兄弟姐妹谈论我将在下一次选举中投票给谁。
Because maybe I really like one candidate who is running for mayor and maybe my sister likes a different one,and I don't want our difference of opinion to cause us to start arguing and fighting.
因为也许我真的很喜欢一位正在竞选市长的候选人,也许我姐姐喜欢另一位候选人,我不希望我们的意见分歧导致我们开始争论和打架。
So when it comes to politics,when it comes to elections,people generally don't ask that question Who are you going to vote for?
所以说到政治, 说到选举,人们通常不会问你要投票给谁?
Or if it's a couple of days after the election,Who did you vote for?
或者,如果是在选举几天后,你投票给了谁?
It's once again just considered a little bit rude and a little bit impolite.
它再次被认为有点粗鲁和不礼貌。
Maybe a lot rude and a lot impolite.
也许很粗鲁,很不礼貌。
I'm not really sure on that one.
我不太确定那个。
I just don't ever ask those questions.
我只是从不问这些问题。
Well,thank you so much for watching this English lesson,which was also kind of a cultural lesson,which was also kind of a lesson on what&39;s impolite.
嗯,非常感谢你收看这节英语课,这也是一节文化课, 也是一节关于什么是粗鲁和什么是不礼貌的课。
I hope that you enjoyed it,and I hope you learned a few more English words and phrases that you can use in your next English conversation.
我希望你喜欢它,我希望你学到了更多的英语单词和短语,可以在下一次英语对话中使用。
Hey,if this is your first time here,don't forget to click that subscribe button.
嘿,如果这是你第一次来这里,请不要忘记点击订阅按钮。
Give me a thumbs up,leave a comment,and if you have time,why don't you look around on my channel and find another English lesson to watch?
给我点个赞, 留言,有时间的话,不如去我的频道转转, 再找一节英语课看呢?
我不是很确定:I'm not sure.